Biyernes, Hulyo 8, 2011

Infuriating Ensogo

Among the Groupon companies operating in the Philippines, Ensogo was the first one to earn my ire.  It was quite sad as I was initially trumpeting the virtues of groupons using Ensogo as an example.  For sometime, everything was going great for me, although I was already seeing a number of complaints posted in their discussion area.  I shrugged all these complaints thinking these were just isolated cases until I experience first hand the kind of customer service Ensogo is practicing.

The first problem I had was with the voucher my dad bought for me.  The voucher was for a Relaxing & Rejuvenating Massage at the Confetti Spa & Salon.  When I was about to redeem the voucher, I tried calling Confetti.  To my utter disgust, the contact number provided is no longer in service.  I tried searching the internet for the contact number of Confetti to no avail. The next port of call will of course be Ensogo.  I tried calling all the three numbers provided in Ensogo website. These numbers can easily be reached provided one calls before 9:00 AM.  A recorded voice will answer the caller asking to call back after 9:00 AM.  I followed the instructions and called after 9:00 AM.  I was probably after a hundred tries when I finally got someone on the end of the line.  The lines seems to be either eternally busy or nobody is manning it as it just continuously rings until the busy tone.  I thought that was the end of my problem.  Boy, I was so wrong!!!  I was given an email address and I was told to file my complaint there.  An alternative was to file my complaint using the Ensogo website.  I was fuming mad at this point as I already used up so much time trying to contact Ensogo and now I have to start all over again. 

I filled up the complaint form in the Ensogo website and sent an email to the email address address as well, detailing my frustration. I got an auto email saying my concern will be looked into with certain number of hours.  More than 3 days have past and nothing came from Ensogo.  I was concerned, Ensogo has gone belly up.  When I checked their website, it was still there.  It was pure incompetence that I have not received a reply.  I followed up my email almost on a daily basis. I also called a hundred time or more and have spoken to several of their incompetent customer relations people but no end seems to be in sight.  One time I asked the lady I was talking to to pass me to their boss because I will not go away until I get what I want.  I was passed to a guy named Roman or something who assured me my voucher will be re-imbursed soon.  I actually told him that since they were not able to provide me with the service, the reimbursement should be doubled as it was stated in their website that we can find a cheaper deal, they will reimburse twice the amount.  Well, getting nothing while paying for something is always infinitely more expensive.

Suffice it to say, I did not get what I want.  It took several more weeks and several more calls to Ensogo before I finally got my reimbursement.  If this is the kind of customer service being offered by this groupon company, I firmly believe they have no place in this emerging industry. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento